Translate

Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Nightlife of a Parent


Each time I go to Whole Foods, I pick up the most current issue of TRIBEZA. Although I am not an Austin socialite and will probably never see myself pictured in the pages of "Social Hour," I do enjoy reading the columns by Kristin Armstrong.

Kristin has a great article in the November 2014 issue of TRIBEZA regarding the nightlife of a parent. As she shares in her column, rather than dressing up and staying out late, her nightlife is spent catering and chaperoning teenage kids. It's something, I'm sure, we'll be experiencing as my son enters his teen years. Yay! 

Of course, I'm sure it won't be as bad as when we had 25 six year olds running up and down the stairs, and shooting each other with Nerf guns and reenacting scenes of Star Wars with light-sabers. It was chaos.

Perhaps for us his teenage years won't be as bad. There's no pool at his mom's house. The living room can comfortably fit six people at the most. His room is a mess to even invite people over. Hey, it may not be that bad after all.

Maybe we'll be those parents that drop him off at someone else's home to care until 10:30 PM. Yay!

You can read Kristin Armstrong's column HERE on page 35.

Source: 

http://issuu.com/tribeza/docs/tribeza_nov2014/0

1 comment:

TRIBEZA said...

We're so glad to hear you enjoyed Kristin's article this month. We all chuckled out loud when we read it! Thanks for reading TRIBEZA and sharing this article with your readers.