Translate

Thursday, September 4, 2014

20 years later and I'm finally doing what I love


We all have dreams of what we want to be when we are little. It's a question we are usually asked, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" The answer is usually astronaut, lawyer, doctor, actress, or even a princess.

Pretty dresses were not for me. I did, however, wanted to be in radio. I would sit in my room, and pretended to be a DJ playing my dad's records on my Fisher-Price record player. I would even call baseball games with my stack of baseball cards. I was fascinated in how the announcer knew the players' stats.

In my grade school and college days, I was involved in some form of communications. I did newspaper in middle school and theater in high school. My undergraduate degree was in communications.

My favorite time in college was spent walking around the campus with a camera on my shoulder, developing film in the campus dark room, making advertising commercials, and recording radio spots for local businesses.

Fast forward 20 years, and I am in the press box doing a live interview during a minor league baseball game.





No comments: