Translate

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

6th Game of the Season


My son's team, the Astros, is now ranked 3rd in his division. This is good news for a team that was struggling for the first few games of the season. Now it seems the kids are familiarizing themselves to the game to the point that they are now communicating with each other and helping their team win.

My son had a good game too. Although he walked, he did manage to seal two bases and scored a run. It had been since game 1 that he had scored a run, so this was good for him.

On the other hand, my wife took it personal that my son kept being assigned to the outfield. My son loves to play infield and to him, playing outfield is boring.

Sure enough, there wasn't many hits to outfield. And when there was finally a play, he was benched.

I explained to my wife that I couldn't do anything about it. If I knew he was serious about the sport, then maybe I can talk to the coach.

I see a lot of kids spend their time practicing with other kids. I see many of them on the field hitting balls in the batting cage. My son spends his time in front of his computer playing Minecraft or some other game and even avoids the outdoors, for the majority of the time.

If I knew my son was serious about the sport, if he was outdoors practicing his swinging or fielding, then maybe I can talk the coach in putting him in third or second base.

Nonetheless, below is his stats, which are actually good:

Game 1: PA: 2 AB: 1 BB: 1 SO/K: 0 H: 1 SB: 3 R: 1
Game 2: PA: 2 AB: 0 BB: 2 SO/K: 0 H: 0 SB: 0 R: 0
Game 3: PA: 2 AB: 0 BB: 2 SO/K: 0 H: 0 SB: 0 R: 0
Game 4: PA: 2 AB: 0 BB: 1 SO/K: 1 H: 0 SB: 1 R: 0
Game 5: PA: 2 AB: 1 BB: 1 SO/K: 1 H: 0 SB: 1 R: 0
Game 6: PA: 1 AB: 1 BB: 1 SO/K: 0 H: 0 SB: 2 R: 1
Total  : PA: 11 AB: 3 BB: 8 SO/K: 2 H: 1 SB: 7 R: 2



No comments: