Translate

Monday, January 27, 2014

"Carlos the Dwarf"


Hugo the Glorious and I, Avric Albright, were cornered by two ettins, two-headed giants, while our friends fought against goblin archers. We were defeated as the goblins successfully stole our crop.

Then I was a race of Amazon Women and Trolls as I fought for victory points in occupying Small World.

This was my first experience playing rpg with a group of other geeks. I was invited by a coworker of mine similar to how Harris (Stephen Lea Sheppard) invited Daniel (James Franco) in Freaks and Geeks.

So, similar to the Discos and Dragons episode, we all gathered around a friend's dining room table. One guy could have easily been Harris Trinsky. The others, including myself, could have picked a character from Freaks and Geeks.

We played until 1:45 in the morning. Five hours of playing rpgs. I got home tired.

Nonetheless, playing with the guys and hearing them throw out movie quotes and one-liners by Bill Murray, Robert Downey Jr. and many others, was pretty cool.

Can't wait for the next geek night. Maybe next time I'll win a game.


Descent: Journeys in the Dark 2nd edition


Small World








No comments: