Translate

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Why is it my son doesn't let me nap?


Ever since he was a toddler, my son (who is now nine years old) hates the idea of me napping.

Sneaking in a snooze, during the day, while he watches TV, is almost impossible. He'll either call my name, tickle my feet, or throw dirty socks at me.

"Daddy? DADDY!"

Ugh.

My dad loves to nap during the day. This allows him to stay up longer at night. I adopted that practice when I moved out of their home and started my life in Austin.

After work, I would go home and take a nap. After my nap, I would go out with friends and stay out until one or two in the morning.

My wife hates napping during the day too, and she will argue that it only make sleeping at night more difficult. Perhaps this is more genetically related.

Yet, I can't complain. My son is much better in letting me snooze than when he was younger. On a good day, I can sneak in about 45 minutes of napping.



No comments: