Translate

Monday, September 30, 2013

Chato Matisse


I received a donation request from and friend for Strut Your Mutt.

Without hesitation, I donated $25. The problem came when I noticed $25 charged three times on my bank account. Obviously, this was a mistake and needed to be corrected. I mean, I don't mind donating $75, but I was kind of wanting that $50 for other stuff.

I called bestfriends.org, the parent organization of Strut Your Mutt, to discuss my situation.

"I have a problem. I donated $25, but my bank statement has it charged three times. I don't mind the idea of donating $75, but I was actually counting on that $50."

I provided my name and credit card number. I later received a call but with no positive news.

"We can't find your donation anywhere. Are you sure you donated to bestfriends.org?" I was asked by a very sweet lady.

"Yes. I made a donation last week for $25, and my bank statement shows it was charged three times," I explained.

The very nice lady couldn't find my information, but she assured me that they'd look into the charges.

Sure enough, the next day I received a call from another lady at bestfriends.org. She asked if I indeed submitted a donation to Strut Your Mutt,"Are you sure you made a donation to Strut Your Mutt?"

"Yes and it was for $25. I don't mind donating $75, but I budget so much to make only $25 for right now."

"Did you use some other name to make your donation?" she asked.

"Hold on. I have the email here somewhere confirming my donation. Oh yes... Oh... Chato Matisse, my dog. I make a donation on behalf of my dog."

"How do you spell that?"

"C-H-A-T-O. Matisse, like the painter." (Thinking back, this really sounded gay--not that there is anything wrong with that.)

"Oh yes. I see him here."

"Well, I was being cute and all with the name and donation."

"Well, we now know being cute got you in trouble," she quipped.

You can read other blog entries about Chato HERE, HERE, HEREHERE, and HERE.



No comments: