Translate

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Joining a softball team


A few years ago, I put together a softball team. Our team went on to play at two benefits tournament but lost both. After my losing record, I decided to hang my manager hat and take a hiatus from softball.

Earlier this year, a friend of mine asked me if I was interested in joining his softball team. I agreed. Our team practiced Sunday afternoons until the day of the softball tournament on April 6, 2013.

This was a double elimination tournament. Since we had 20 players on our team, the team leaders decided to split the team in two. I was placed with the team that played the first game. We won.

I played well. I was at bat twice. Got two hits. One run and brought in one runner.

The second team played hard but lost.

I played the final inning in the third game, and didn't perform as well as I did during the first game. I was cold.

Regardless, playing with these guys was great. I made new friends, and I had a lot of fun.





 





 

No comments: