Translate

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Scary the Cat - Part 1


A few days ago, I was fixing a part of my fence that had blown down after a windstorm. For two days, I was hammering, sawing, and drilling in the garage. And from the very back of the garage, behind boxes and boxes and more boxes, I heard a sound. A meow.

After moving boxes and searching for the faint meow, I found a small cat.


She was scared. Every little movement I made startled her. I finally caught her in a crate and was able to calm her down a bit.

My initial plan was to close the garage and release her in the front yard, but my wife and son talked me out of this. Rather, they suggested that she stay inside until we determine what to do.

It didn't take long to persuade me. We prepared the downstairs bathroom as a good transition room. We got her cat food and litter. She cautiously explored the small bathroom, and soon got comfortable.

That evening, I posted on the neighborhood message board of the found cat. I also put up signs at our neighborhood mailboxes, hoping someone contacts me about their missing cat.

Meanwhile, the cat has since made her way from the bathroom to our son's bedroom. Although its understood that this is temporary, our son does play and take care of her.

Her name is still up in the air. At first, I referred her to Scary, because it sounded much better than Scaredy. Then I was considering naming her Harley Quinn, but my son disagreed. So for now, we call her Scary.

It's only temporary.








 

No comments: