Translate

Thursday, February 21, 2013

An alternative to Chick-Fil-A


In the past, I've blogged about my personal attempt to avoid all things that may contain MSG, high-sodium processed food, and artificial flavors or sweeteners.

Yes, I am guilty in that I take my son to McDonald's, Burger King, or even Church's Fried Chicken for their kids meal. I do at times find myself enjoying french fries that have been seasoned with MSG taste enhancers. And there have been occasions--although, not recently--when I did visit the nearest Chick-Fil-A for their chicken sandwich.

I came across an article by Peter Holley about an Austinite who has a YouTube cooking show. Hilah Johnson has a home cook's recipe for what she calls "Chick-Fil-Gay"-- the name is in response to the company's support for anti-gay groups. The great thing about her recipe is that it has no MSG and can be cooked with organic chicken.





Source: "Food Fight," Peter Holley, L Style G Style Magazine, November 2012, Pg. 60.




 

No comments: