Translate

Friday, November 30, 2012

Watching Star Trek: TNG with my son


It's no secret, I am a Trekker. I have proof, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE, oh and HERE, and HERE. It's the last "HERE," where I totally geeked out.

Last night, selected theaters showed two episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation Season Two. Needlesstosay, I was excited and planned my night a week in advance.

I texted my wife to remind her of the showing as I was driving home from the gym. At some point between the gym and our home, I thought about asking my eight year old son to join me to the showing.  I wanted him to go with me, but I feared he'd decline and opt for watching Disney or Discovery Channel.

Nope, he agreed to go with me to the movies. I was excited and eager to get there. We purchased a bag of popcorn and made our way to the theater house. After noticing other Trekkers walking behind us, I said to my son, "Let's beat the geeks and get good seats."

I worried that my son would quickly get bored with the episodes and our time at the movie would be short. It didn't turn out that way. We watched both Q Who? and The Measure of a Man. Between those two episodes, they showed an intro, cast interview and bloopers.

After noticing my son growing tired, I reached over and whispered to him, "We can leave after the cast interview. We don't need to watch the last episode." He shook his head and we stayed until the very end of The Measure of a Man.

That's my boy.

I've had many happy moments with my son. This is one that I can add to my list of favorite moments.




 

1 comment:

Kal said...

I'd love to see the 'Best of Both Worlds' episode where Picard was turned into a Borg or the final space battle between the Federation and the Dominion in DS9