Translate

Monday, October 29, 2012

Totally geeked out at my third Austin Comic Con


Last year, I decided to attend the Austin Comic Con alone, after a unpleasant experience with a six year old and his mother who aren't into comics or sci-fi--they quickly got bored. So, my 2011 Austin Comic Con experience was awesome. I was alone and free to sit in on seminars and Q&As. I spent the whole day walking down aisles, meeting people, and even took pictures with cosplayers and even film stars. You can read that experience HERE.

Me and Patrick Stewart
Austin Comic Con, 2012
This year was no different, except for a little picture with Patrick Stewart. Oh My God! What am I saying? It was freaking AWESOME!!! I got to take a picture with the guy I grew up watching on TV. He was a role model to me. This person taught me to always follow orders, and to always remember the prime directive.

And what did I say when I saw Sir Patrick Stewart? Well, I totally geeked out and forgot what I was going to say-- Sir, thank you for being a great role model and everything you've done in film. Corny, I know, but it sounded great in my head hours leading to the photo op.

Instead, I said something like, "Thank you for everything you have done." Snap.

D'oh!

I could only imagine what he was thinking.

I hope he didn't hear me.

I do much better when I shake hands--we were directed to not shake his hands due to his arthritis. I've been telling myself this over and over again to give myself comfort.

Regardless of my goof, it was an awesome experience meeting the man who I've grown to admire and love. He is absolutely amazing and can't wait to spend a day on the couch and watch all the Star Trek TNG movies.

To be continued...



 

3 comments:

estetik said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melanie said...

That is just about the coolest thing I have heard/seen in a long time!! Jealous me!

rooth said...

He is so freaking awesome - you're so lucky to have met him!

I didn't know Austin Comic Con was so cool. And to think, it was so close by too!