Translate

Thursday, October 18, 2012

"Binders full of women"


Romney binders © Aislin,The Montreal Gazette,Romney binders, binder full of women,debate 2
Terry Mosher (Aislin), The Montreal Gazette
After the Presidential debate, I was reminded of a funny but true personal story.

Before I met my wife, I tried all sorts of ways to meet girls. Yahoo provided personals. Match.com was fairly new, but offered girls who didn't fit my criteria--many were nerdy or obese.

Off HWY 183 (Research Blvd) in north Austin, at the Burnet exit, there was a dating service. After many failed dates, I decided to visit It's Just Lunch and give it a try.

I probably spent two hours speaking with a dating representative about what I was seeking in a woman. He video taped the whole interview. I was then given binders full of woman and shown their profiles. Many of them were not my type. A few did fit my criteria.

I remember selecting a few of them and watching their interviews. There were a couple that I could narrow down from that binder full of women. One was extremely attractive and smart. The other was perky and fun.

But before I could get some way of contacting them, I was given a pricing schedule, which was beyond what I could afford. How bad? I think it was about $500--it could have been more.

I told the dating representative that I couldn't make that payment. He said that the company took all sorts of credit cards. I stood up, got my stuff, and made my way out his office.

Good thing I did. A few months later, I met this extremely beautiful girl at the most unexpected time and situation. We've been together for almost 12 years.

 

No comments: