Translate

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wallet in the gutter

IMAG0092On a wet and dreary Christmas morning, I noticed a wallet laying in the gutter on the side of the road outside our home. 

A few days earlier, my neighbors were having a party that lasted probably until five o'clock in the morning. I shouldn't put all the blame on my neighbor. 

There were high school kids walking up and down the street too. Regardless, I found a wallet with a drivers license and debit card inside. I think the kid was 19 years old.

I placed the soaking wallet inside a storage bag and packed it inside a bubble mailer envelope. I didn't think about it after we mailed the package.

Then one day I checked the mailbox and found a letter addressed to us but from a name I didn't recognize.  I thought perhaps it was a marketing scheme letter placed in a nice envelope.

It was a surprise when I saw that the letter was from the boy's mother thanking us for returning his wallet.  It read, "Thank you so much for returning my sons wallet. You are greatly appreciated... May God bless you and your family."

No comments: