Translate

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

"My favorite team!"

"Daddy, the Harlem Globetrotters are my favorite team of all times. They are like...wow!"

Ecstatically, my son replayed his favorite moments throughout our 30 minute drive back home, "Daddy, and when Hi-Lite pulled down the other player's shorts... Then that other player pulled down Hi-Lite's shorts and he was wearing a skirt."

"A tutu," I interjected.

"Yeah, the skirt. Remember?"

The experience reminded me of when my dad took me to my first Globetrotter game. For some reason I remember the game being against coaches around the area.

This time, they faced off against the International Elite at the Erwin Center in Austin, Texas. The Elite was ahead of our team, the Globetrotters, at the half but started losing their lead towards the fourth quarter. As expected, the Globetrotters pulled ahead and reached a comfortable score and eventually won the game.

When we got home, my son couldn't stop talking about the game. He even turned the TV to the news and waited patiently for the coverage. There was nothing.

"Daddy, I think we missed the news about the Globetrotters winning the championship."

"What?" my wife inquired.

"Yes, mommy. They can now play in Austin because they won the championship," he answered.

All I do is smile.


IMAG0130

IMAG0126

Visit my blog at http://photographywritingandmore.blogspot.com/.

No comments: