Translate

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Longer life and healthier pets

 I'll be honest, I didn't neuter my dog, Chato, until he was five years old (33 years old in human years). Like many other guys, I couldn't bare the thought of castrating my dog.

There are, however, benefits to neutering your male dog and spaying your female dog. As mentioned in a L Style G Style magazine article, the main benefits are longer life and healthier pets. Another benefit mentioned is spayed or neutered pets show less aggression and less likely to roam.

Unfortunately, because I waited until he was an adult dog and many of his habits are still apparent, such as roaming around the block smelling pheromones and humping pillows.

The article also debunks common myths often heard regarding spaying and neutering pets, such as weight gain, lethargic, and cost.

You can find the full text on page 74 at the following link: http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/16e8fb6c.

Source: L Style G Style, November / December 2011, Anniversary Issue, Pg. 22.

Visit my blog at http://photographywritingandmore.blogspot.com/.

No comments: