Translate

Monday, October 17, 2011

Me and my softball team

I enjoy planning events; especially, if it involves a team.  Perhaps I get this trait from my parents. 

My mom enjoys planning parties.  My dad was known for organizing winning teams at the university he taught. 

Months ago, I organized a team of coworkers for a softball tournament (you can read my previous post HERE).  Before that particular tournament, our team practiced several weekends before the game.

A few weeks ago, I decided to organize another team for another softball tournament; however, I faced many challenges, such as college football season.  Furthermore, the weekend I decided to practice, god decided the 100 days of no rain would end.  Regardless, I found my team and we made our presence at the double elimination softball tournament.

Although we didn't win, I was extremely proud of my team.  I was also proud of myself. 

For this tournament, I was not only the manager but the coach for the team.  Leading up to day of the tournament, I read the ASA rules and familiarized myself with the various field positions.  Quite honestly, I think my son's little league games helped me prepare for this game.

Speaking of my son, he was my assistant manager/coach as he called players on deck and in the hole.

After the game, I took a two hour nap.  I slept 10 hours that night.  Needlesstosay, I was exhausted.  Yet, I still want to organize future games.  I love the idea of planning events.  I enjoy participating in something as a team.  And even if my record is 0-5, the odds are in my favor because eventually I will win a game.   

Visit my blog at http://photographywritingandmore.blogspot.com/

No comments: