Translate

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A home run!

When I was young, I collected baseball cards. I remember opening my first Topps deck and finding a Ryne Sandberg baseball card. I soon became a Chicago Cubs fan. I couldn't play, but I was intrigued by the sport.

I noticed that my son had baseball blood in him when he threw a ball at great speed and accuracy at age one. He then surprised us during his second birthday party where he swung a stick with great speed against his Elmo pinata. What put the icing on the cake was when he threw a cartboard at my neck and caused a small scare--he got in deep trouble for that.

My wife and I decided to enroll our seven year old in little league this fall. I think it's the best thing we decided to do for our son. 

During his first game, our son was at bat twice.  He got one run and two RBIs.    The second game, he was at bat twice, got two runs, and three RBIs. This past weekend, he made a home run and two RBIs.

The cool thing is that my dad, his grandfather, got to watch him run around the bases.



Visit my blog at http://photographywritingandmore.blogspot.com/

No comments: