For the past few months, I have been visiting the gym. The best thing about going to the gym is that my health and physical strength has improved compared with previous years. But although I feel great, I haven't been successful in getting rid of my belly fat.
I came across an article in the August 2011 issue of InStyle magazine that provided suggestions on how to loose the tummy fat. Since InStyle is a women's magazine, I'll only highlight those I think men can benefit doing.
- "Switch to green tea" - Scientists at Tufts University in Massachusetts have found that green tea, which contains catechins, a natural antioxidant, helps trim body fat--along with exercise, of course.
- Do cardio instead of focusing on crunches.
- Avoid pasta and white bread and opt for wheat, whole grains and berries.
- Shop fresh (organic) food, protein and herbal teas instead of canned foods and carbonated drinks.
- Strengthen your back muscles to maintain good posture to help suck in that gut.
Sources: "10 ways to a flatter tummy," InStyle, August 2011; http://tuftsjournal.tufts.edu/2009/02_1/briefs/02/; "The #1 Move for Flat Belly," Maridel Reyes, Redbook, October 2011, pg. 100
Visit my blog at http://photographywritingandmore.blogspot.com/