Translate

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A New Bike

My 5 1/2-year old boy won a raffle at his elementary school. The cafeteria entered all elementary school children who paid for their lunch in a drawing, and my son's name was drawn.

Yesterday, I received a call from the school to inform me that Jonathan had won the bike. At first, I was skeptical and expecting them to say they had the wrong kid. After we had hung up, I did get a call again from the school. I thought to myself that they indeed made a mistake. Nope. The follow up call was to tell me that Jonathan didn't know and thought it would be great to keep it a surprise.

This morning, we were running late to school--I'll elaborate on why in a future blog. After dropping him to his class, I walked over to the assistant principals and told them that I received a call regarding my son winning a bike. They were excited.

As we watched the morning annoucements on the closed-circuit TV, my son's name was called out as being the winner of the raffle.

I joined the cafeteria lady to his classroom soon after to deliver the bike. Needlesstosay, he was excited when he saw his new Kent International BMX bike.

No comments: