Translate

Friday, February 15, 2008

My dog Chato


Picture_0039.jpg
Originally uploaded by GCAUSTIN
Before I moved to Austin, my parents bought me a maltese. I was planning to move away from my hometown and they thought a pet would be a great companion. They were right.

At times I did wish I didn't have Chato--many of those times was when he peed or pooped on the carpet at my apartment. But we both had a bond that has lasted many years. He has been there throughout the good and bad times of my life.

Personally, I don't think I have been the best owner. I use to work late and often times never did take him out for a walk. The only outing he has known has been us going for a drive around Travis County.

I write about Chato because I am a little scared of loosing him. A few days ago, my wife and I woke up with him coughing and gagging. A quick internet search said he might have bordatella. I found comfort that this might just be a cold. However, an x-ray later, it seems it might be a little more serious. His vet said there is inflamation on the right side of his heart which causes pressure on his windpipe. This is devastating news for me.

The vet told me he was going to call me later next week to let me know what his tests show. I am hoping it is something minor or something that can be alleviated through medication.

Chato has been there through the most important times of my life.

No comments: