Translate

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Spoiled Milk

My son is 27 months old. Because we drive during afternoon rush hour, I prepare him a 8oz sippy cup of apple juice and a 8oz sippy cup of cherrios, and I place these cups in a Medela travel bag--the bag is usually used to store breast milk mothers pump during the day to keep fresh. On Tuesday, I decided to pack milk instead, because we ran out of apple juice.

Sometime during the day, the bag tipped over. The milk tipped and dripped out of the not-so-secured bag and spilled onto the passanger seat. As much as I could, I tried to soak up the milk from the seat; however, the smell became unbearable when Thursday came along.

There was a time when my vehicle was spotless inside out. When I met my wife, the car started to collect items that belonged to her. I would find the occasional lipstick or size 6 shorts.

When we got pregnant, my car was home to baby literature and other related stuff. The car started to collect stuffed animals, toys, and the occasional milk bottle under the seat, when our baby came along.

This recent experience tops them all, though. You can dispose a aged milk bottle, but you can't dispose a soaked-embedded-milk-smelling seat. AUGH!

No comments: